Information for Parents
The transition between high school and University is a stepping stone not only for the student, but also for their family and friends. We encourage you to continue the education journey and have provided a checklist of important information on this page to assist you in discussing university as an option.
1. At UWS, our courses are categorised by Areas of Study. When a student enters university straight from high school, the courses they apply for are Undergraduate courses called Bachelors degrees. These courses are open to people who have not yet completed a university degree and who have met the admission requirements to gain entry to the course.
Course information is available through the following Area of Study links:
- Arts courses
- Business courses
- Communication Arts courses
- Engineering, Information and Communications Technology courses
- Environment and Tourism courses
- Forensics courses
- Health Sciences, Nursing and Sport Science courses
- Law courses
- Medicine courses
- Policing and Criminology courses
- Psychology courses
- Science courses
- Social Science courses
- Teaching and Education courses
Download the UWS Parents' Guide [PDF 559Kb] for more information.
2. Course fees are an important aspect of University. Undergraduate course fees vary depend on the units (or subjects) and study load (for example, part time or full time) of each student. Information about student contribution amounts and payment options for prospective students is available at the external Study Assist website (opens in a new window).
3. A number of Scholarships are now available for application online. Browse through our wide range of Scholarships for more information.
4. Prospective students, their friends and family are invited to attend a number of UWS Events throughout the year. Guided campus tours, parent information evenings, Open Day and UWS Day's provide excellent opportunities to find out more about UWS opportunities first hand, on campus. Information on events can be accessed online at the UWS Events page.
If you have any questions about our courses, the application process or enquiries about what it is like to go to UWS, call the UWS Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You are able to request a course information pack to be mailed to you.